Anticipation that doesn’t pan out results in stress. At least for me it does.
What I used to do when I got stressed:
- Yell at my kids.
- Yell at my significant other.
- Ruminate on the issue.
- Blame others for my pissiness.
What I do now when I get stressed:
- Put on essential oils.
- Meditate - even just 5 mins.
- Diffuse essential oils.
- Deep breathing exercises.
- Say positive “I am” statements.
It’s all about changing the behavioral patterns. If I want to see positive changes in my life, I have to make positive behavior changes. Not as easy as it sounds at times, but totally doable.
What can you change to destress?
If you want to take this topic a little further, grab my FREE guide - 3 Tips for Good Mental Health in Recovery - here.